Home / Shop / Webinars / Online Trainings / Webinars
Webinar - Counseling Clients with Neopaganistic Worldviews
Guest Speaker: Michael Reeder, MS, LCPC
Webinar hosted by David S. Prescott,
Safer Society Press
A growing number of clients in treatment follow different spiritual paths than the religious practices most familiar to their treatment and supervision providers. This sets the stage for possible misunderstandings and tensions between the client and the members of treatment or supervisory team. Among these spiritual paths is Neopaganism; this term refers to a group of Eurocentric religions that focus on reviving the pre-Christian practices of Europe and/or developing new and borrowed practices compatible with ancient pagan worldviews. While these worldviews can be puzzling to therapists and other professionals, Mr. Reeder explains how they can be understood in the context of counseling.
This webinar explores topics such as:
- What comprises Neopaganism (including Wicca)?
- How can professionals differentiate Neopaganism from problematic behaviors that sometimes occur in the name of alternative spiritual paths?
- What are common characteristics you may encounter?
- Demographics of adherents
- How counselors may need to shift their attitudes to serve these populations
- A preliminary review of spirituality versus psychosis and the challenges these belief
- systems present in this regard
- How Pagan beliefs affect counseling
Access to online webinar.