Home / Shop / Resources for Adult Clients / Resources for Intellectually Disabled Clients
Footprints Supplemental Materials
Footprints - Supplemental Materials
by Krishan G. Hansen & Timothy J. Kahn
This PDF contains the following documents:
- Footprints 2 Clinicians Guide
- Words to Know - Extended Format
- Sexual History Form
Steps to a Healthy Life
Footprints: Steps to a Healthy Life is for developmentally disabled adults and adolescents with sexual behavior problems, clients with learning disabilities, attention deficits, and less than average cognitive abilities. When initially published in 2006, Footprints was the first workbook dedicated to the treatment of this challenging population.
The second edition reflects evolving theories of treatment and emerging practices.
New in the Second Edition
- Positive & Goal-oriented: For the second edition, Footprints has been revised to provide a more positive, goal-oriented approach in line with the Good Lives Model of treatment.
- Self Tests: Each of the 16 "step" chapters now ends with a self-test to help reinforce the concepts learned in that step.
- Flash Cards: A set of 48 pocket-sized, perforated flashcards are bound into the back of the book, which clients can personalize and carry with them for reference and reinforcement.
- Clinicians Guide: A separate Clinician's Guide helps clinicians make the most effective use of Footprints for treating clients. (Available as a free download - click here to view)
Developmentally disabled individuals experience sexual and physical abuse at rates 50 to 60 percent higher than that of other groups. They are more prone to demonstrate sexual behavior problems. Footprints is an effective tool for providing caring, effective treatment of this population