Home / Shop / Resources for Youthful Clients / Professional Resources for Working With Young Clients
Counselor's Edition: Becoming Who I Want to Be / Young Men PDF Download
PDF Download Only
The Counselor's Edition of Becoming Who I Want to Be: A Good Lives Workbook for Young Men provides an introduction to the Good Lives Model (GLM), author annotations that track the pages of the client workbook, and supplementary sources of information for practitioners.
The introduction provides:
- Suggestions for using the workbook with the population of boys and young men whose behaviors have been problematic in a wide range of areas.
- A primer on the Good Lives Model and discussion of how it has been adapted for use with this population.
- Ideas for using the workbook in both group and individual counseling modalities
The author annotations:
- Explain the purpose of each exercise and story
- Offer suggestions for engaging clients in conversations about the concepts
- Cite supporting research for major concepts
The suggested readings and sources section provides:
- Additional sources practitioners can use to enhance their basic understanding of key subjects, including the Good Lives Model, trauma-informed care, motivational interviewing, and developmentally-informed treatment of adolescents.
Downloadable PDF Only