Being a Pro
Being a Pro
The Prosocial Model for Problem Solving: Teen Workbook
by Dr. Norbert Ralph
This 10-module intervention is developed for building prosocial problem-solving skills in justice system-involved youths. Dr. Ralph, a clinical psychologist at the Juvenile Justice Center in San Francisco, derived the model from evidence-based theory and research showing that interventions to promote prosocial and moral reasoning in teens have positive outcomes.
Advantages of the Being a Pro program:
- Targets prosocial reasoning and skills in teens, a key developmental area related to positive healthy outcomes.
- Grounded in developmental and brain research with teens, and what can help them function better.
- Written in plain language accessible for young people.
- Real-life relevant content and exercises engage today’s teens.
- Workbook structure complements ongoing counseling.
- Can be used for boys and girls ages 12 to 18.
- Can be used in individual and group counseling.
- Can be used over a 10-week period, but individual exercises are written so they can be used separately.
Free supplemental clinician materials make Being a Pro an effective tool for beginning and experienced counselors alike:
- Counselor manual for using the workbook
- A research and theory manual to provide in-depth background information
- Specially designed Pre and Post tests to assess prosocial outcomes
- Video training and interview with the author, Dr. Ralph
See Related Products below for these materials.