For National Child Abuse Prevention Month, we’ve asked Feather Berkower, coauthor of Off Limits, one of our most popular books for parents of young children, and founder of parentingsafechildren.com to talk to us about the kinds of things parents can do to take some of the onus off children to protect themselves from sexual abuse, including:
- building a prevention team of caregivers
- talking with the teens/adults in children’s lives about body safety
- teaching children body-safety rules
Be sure to leave us your comments on this episode, and suggest questions that Mary might ask Feather in a future episode!
Related SSP Material:
- The Safer Society Press publication, Off Limits, by Sandy K. Wurtele, Ph.D. and Feather Berkower
- Free PDF Download of Off Limits – Supplemental Materials, which includes Off Limits Home, Off Limits Safety Tips and more.
- Feather’s website, www.parentingsafechildren.com, a rich source of information on all aspects of child sexual abuse for parents and educators.
Find more preventing child sexual abuse resources on the National Sexual Violence Resource Center website.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download