David Prescott, LICSW, is one of the most prolific writers and lecturers in the field of sexual abuser treatment. In this episode, David talks about three important paradigms in the field:
- Motivational interviewing
- The Good Lives Model
- Trauma-informed care
Listen to David relate how he worked with others in the field to develop the models and teach the field about them. He also explains how the models can be combined in a practical way when treating both adults and adolescents.
Be sure to leave us your comments on this episode, and suggest questions that Mary might ask David in a future episode!
Related SSP Materials:
- Applying the Good Lives and Self-Regulation Models to Sex Offender Treatment, by Pamela Yates, David Prescott, and Tony Ward
- Building a Better Life, by Pamela Yates and David Prescott
- Building Motivation for Change in Sexual Offenders, David Prescott, Ed.
- ATSA Conference Workshop Video: Making a Better Life Happen, with Pamela Yates and Gwenda Willis
- Trauma-Informed Care, by Jill Levenson, Gwenda Willis, and David Prescott
Podcast: Play in new window | Download