Some people jokingly describe group therapy as “one-on-one therapy with an audience.” In this particular episode, Steve Sawyer, President of Sawyer Solutions, LLC, a private clinical and consulting practice, shares some practical advice for listeners who facilitate groups and would like to learn more about engaging their groups’ full potential.
Listen to Steve discuss:
- essential elements of effective group facilitation
- the importance of group cohesion
- methods of assessing group effectiveness
Be sure to leave us your comments on this episode, and suggest questions that Mary might ask Steven in a future episode!
Related SSP Material:
- Book by Steven Sawyer and Jerry L. Jennings, Group Therapy with Sexual Abusers, Engaging the Full Potential of the Group Experience
- DVD of an ATSA National Conference workshop on Group Therapy with Sexual Abusers, presented by Steve Sawyer