Safer Talk is a series of webinars devoted to preventive and restorative responses to sexual and social violence. Hosted by David Prescott, the webinars feature some of the leading experts in a variety of related fields, discussing in an informal setting new ideas and methods of addressing unique professional challenges.
Below you will find our upcoming live events as well as the listing of the recordings of all the previous live webinars.
Anyone registering for a live webinar will receive a link to the recording of that webinar (usually available online within a week of the live event).
To help support the free Safer Talk webinar series, please click here.
Upcoming Live Webinars
- Webinar: What Are the Skills That Help People Change? A Conversation with Theresa Moyers
- Why We Must Embrace Therapeutic Jurisprudence in the Criminal Justice System
- Acceptance, Understanding, Compassion, and Personal Responsibility – A Path to Healing: A Conversation with Stephan Jones
- On Being Female: How We Can Use Our Gender to Help Our Clients and Take Care of Ourselves at the Same Time
- Attachment, Development, and How We Become the Persons We Are: A Conversation with Alan Sroufe
- Through the Glass: One Woman’s Pursuit of Justice, Healing, and Forgiveness
- Good Lives, Self-Regulation, and Explanatory Depth: A Conversation with Tony Ward
- The Lucifer Effect – How Good People Become Bad: Implications in the Mental Health/Forensic Setting
- Native American Youth and Cultural Adversity: A Conversation with Tatewin Means and Christopher Lobanov-Rostovsky
- The Ethics of Labeling: A conversation with Gwenda Willis, PhD, PGDipClinPsyc
- Surviving Sexual Violence in the Current Era
- Ending Racialized Violence: A Webinar Conversation with Dr. Apryl Alexander
- Webinar: Trauma-Sensitive Yoga and Embodied Therapy
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Using Workbooks In Work with Young People in Treatment Webinar
- Solution-Focused Strategies: Police Work, Suicide Prevention, and Beyond – Webinar
- Trauma-Informed Resilience Skills in the COVID Crisis – Webinar
- An Evolution of Practice: From the Dodo Bird to Deliberate Practice – A Conversation with Scott Miller – Webinar
- Preventing Child Sexual Abuse in the COVID Era – Webinar
- Reintegrating People Who Have Sexually Abused Into the Community – Webinar
- Considering Culture in the Time of COVID-19
- Telehealth in the COVID-19 Era: Reports from the Front Lines – Webinar
- A Conversation About How Helping Professionals are Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic: Webinar