Course Title: Translating Risk, Need, and Responsivity (RNR) Principles into Supervisory and Clinical Practice
This exam contains 25 questions. In order to receive credit, you MUST get at least 20 questions correct. You may attempt the quiz as many times as you’d like.
1. True or False? Adhering to merely one RNR principle is enough to lead to reductions in recidivism.
2. Which of the three core principles is the most important to adhere to?
3. True or False? The risk principle refers to the treatment of risk factors that are likely to cause criminal behavior.
4. On average, how many hours/week should be spent with a “high-risk” individual?
5. True or False? Static risk factors are risk factors that cannot be changed (with or without intervention).
6. Dynamic risk factors are best thought of as
7. Which of the following is an example of an acute dynamic risk factor?
8. Which of the following is an example of a stable dynamic risk factor?
9. Which type of risk factor is the most important for therapists to target in treatment?
10. Which of the following is an example of a “criminogenic need?”
11. True or False? General responsivity is addressed through empirically supported interventions, such as cognitive behavioral treatment.
12. The risk principle has the following 2 components:
13. Which of the following is NOT an example of a specific responsivity factor?
14. True or False? Adopting RNR is often a major paradigm shift and must be handled carefully.
15. Which of the following is NOT a common misconception about RNR (ie: which statement is true)?
16. True or False? Program resources should be spread evenly amongst all clients, regardless of risk level.
17. Which question should be asked when implementing the RISK principle?
18. Which question should be asked when implementing the NEEDS principle?
19. Which question should be asked when implementing the RESPONSIVITY principle?
20. According to the risk principle, the level of service an individual receives should be:
21. Which of the following is not a potential risk factor according to the need principle?
22. Which is not a promising feature of treatment with psychopaths?
23. Criminogenic needs are:
24. Treatment of individuals can be most effective if:
25. True or false? If possible, low risk offenders should be treated with high-risk offenders