Course Title: Neurodevelopment Perspectives in Juveniles Who Sexually Offended/p>
This exam contains 25 questions. In order to receive credit, you MUST get at least 20 questions correct. You may attempt the quiz as many times as you’d like.
1) Which of the following is true about the first treatment models for juveniles who sexually offend (JwSOs)?
2) When was it recognized that boys need different treatment than adults?
3) According to Dr. Bonner, which of the following is true about JwSOs?
4) True or False? A study by Ralph found that the longer youths were in a well-structured JwSO program the more they improved.
5) Juveniles account for ____ of arrests for forcible rape.
6) True or False? Between the ages of 10 and 18 boys’ and girls’ grips strengthen equally.
7) Which of the following is affected by testosterone?
8) According to NIMH studies, the teen brain is only about ____ mature.
9) According to research by Dr. Daniel Siegel, adolescents judge the value of rewards compared to risks by ____.
10) Compared with the brains of non-probation youths, the brains of juvenile males on probation are ____.
11) Steinberg describes the changes in adolescence as including ____.
12) According to a 2014 study by the Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics, which age group commits the most crimes?
13) True or False? Delayed moral reasoning is a treatable risk factor.
14) How do treatment outcomes for youths sentenced to residential settings compare with non-residential settings if all other factors are equal?
15) Which of the following constructs are measured by BERS-2?
16) Using Loevinger and Hy’s levels of ego development, which of the following is an example of a self-protective response to the phrase, “Rules are…”?
17) What level of problem analysis are probation youths more likely to use according to the Roberts 2 storytelling task?
18) True or False? In reference to NCANDS data, the largest drop in substantiated sexual abuse during the period between 1992 and 2010 occurred in the late 1990s.
19) In which ways did JwSO and other probation teens NOT differ?
20) True or False? Testosterone not only effects physical and sexual growth, but increasing aggression, risk-taking, and sexual drive.
21) Dr. Kiehl developed a measure of “brain age” for males using ___.
22) Assessment and treatment of JwSO youths have usually focused on problematic sexual elements of the JwSO youth’s ____ and functioning.
23) Loevinger and Hy used sentence stems in order to measure which of the following?
24) Prosocial Reasoning Outcomes is a ____ test under development for probation and JwSO youths.
25) The CASOMB Model was developed for which individuals?