Course Title: A Effective Use of Motivational Interviewing to Engage and Help People with Intimate Partner Violence
This exam contains 25 questions. In order to receive credit, you MUST get at least 20 questions correct. You may attempt the quiz as many times as you’d like.
1) Which of the following percentages of American individuals who experience IPV in their lifetime is correct?
2) Which of the following is NOT a current intervention strategy for potential perpetrators and victims?
3) Spirit of MI includes all but which of the following?
4) Motivational Interviewing is a collaborative, _______ style of communication with particular attention to the language of change.
5) Which of the following types of individuals can IPV impact?
6) Which of the following characteristics of IPV perpetrators is false?
7) Which of the following should be avoided when following the rules of a “competent” conversation?
8) True or False? Individuals who experience IPV make excuses for their partner.
9) When working with IPV perpetrators and survivors, what is the best way to share information?
10) Which types of questions evoke change theory?
11) True or False? Couples counseling may be an appropriate intervention with IPV.
12) Which of the following is NOT a consequence for individuals who experience IPV?
13) True or False? ACT stands for Ability, Commitment, Taking Steps.
14) In reference to current interventions, which of the following are part of the clear rules for perpetrators?
15) The first “ask” in ask-offer-ask stands for which of the following?
16) Which of the following statements about individuals who experience IPV is false?
17) IPV is a mechanism for men to _____ and control women and children.
18) Which of the following are the three components of the Depth of Reflection?
19) Which of the following is an important skill when using Accurate Empathic Reflection?
20) In reference to Change Talk, DARN is an acronym for ____.
21) IPV Perpetrators may have feelings of remorse, guilt, and ____ over their behavior.
22) “I am not likeable or lovable” is an example of _____.
23) Accurate Empathetic Reflection is a process of ____.
24) Which of the following is an emotional consequence of IPV?
25) IPV is the leading cause of _____ for women and women with children.