Course Title: Clients’ Personal Histories – Collecting Helpful Information
This exam contains 15 questions. In order to receive credit, you MUST get at least 12 questions correct. You may attempt the quiz as many times as you’d like.
1. True or False? Data collection for an assessment or treatment intake can only be done verbally by directly asking questions of a client.
2. Exploring one’s personal history can help identify:
3. True or False? Clients always tell the whole truth when filling out questionnaires.
4. Telling the story of one’s personal history:
5. True or False? A detailed personal history is an essential contribution to understanding a client.
6. The following has no place in personal history disclosure work:
7. True or False? A detailed personal history is a useful therapeutic exercise for clients prior to or early in treatment.
8. Client disclosure is best thought of as a:
9. True or False? A client’s self-assessment is a useful contribution to understanding how a client views him/her self.
10. Client self-disclosure does not necessarily play a role in:
11. Multiple sources of information from a client provides clinicians:
12. Allowing a client to provide personal history information in their words:
13. Allowing time for clients to think about their answers in private can produce:
14. A written self report exercise prior to an interview can:
15. Written self-report exercises can provide: