Course Title: Awakening the Healing Soul: Indigenous Wisdom for Today’s Healers
This exam contains 25 questions. In order to receive credit, you MUST get at least 20 questions correct. You may attempt the quiz as many times as you’d like.
1. Which type of prevention guards against psychological and medical harm while using best practices?
2. Jean Houston wrote: “____ psychology assumes that the deepest yearning in every human soul is to return to its spiritual source, to experience communion and even union with the Beloved.”
3. ____ is the ability to empathize with a person’s pain, to speak humbly and lovingly from the heart, while sincerely wishing to relieve their suffering.
4. The spirit is the energetic life force moving through us that is experienced as remembering via multidimensional conscious awareness.
5. Magic includes amazing and sudden healings that science has witnessed but as of yet is unable to understand and explain.
6. One of the four ingredients that enhance faith is certainty ____.
7. Spirituality is the participation in the animating energy of creation, the Great Mystery, that cycles through ____ and space.
8. The four types of prevention are primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary.
9. Which of the following are biological “tricks”?
10. The soul connects our human ____ to the spirit of the universe.
11. Iatrogenesis is when the “solution” is deemed more beneficial than the original presenting problem.
12. Which of the following makes placebos work? (slide 59)
13. Which of the following are the four ingredients that enhance faith?
14. Which of the following is NOT a placebo facilitation?
15. When you provide a medical or psychological treatment there are two critical ingredients: a drug or advice and a story of what will occur.
16. According to George Valliant, ___ is a lasting reservoir of positive emotions that can be drawn upon in future moments of crisis.
17. Which of the following entails curiosity, wonder, and the willingness to suspend disbelief?
18. Anticipation and _____ fuel a placebo response, releasing substantial amounts of dopamine in the process.
19. Which of the following describes a ritual?
20. A ____ is the soul drinking light from awareness of the vast self.
21. ____ is the formation of new brain cells, especially when using entheogens/empathogens in combination with amino acids and nutrients.
22. Which of the following is true in regard to healing?
23. Faith is more ____ than cognitive.
24. ___ arises from an essential distraction from predominant left-hemisphere thinking that interrupts a persistent cognitive focus on agony, allowing right-hemisphere healing energy to play and work.
25. Neuroplasticity is a reshaping of the brain’s landscape that allows it to change and evolve by making new ___ and connections.