Course Title: Autism Spectrum Disorders and Criminal Justice
This exam contains 25 questions. In order to receive credit, you MUST get at least 20 questions correct. You may attempt the quiz as many times as you’d like.
1. One in ___ children has autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the United States.
2. An estimated ___ percent of those diagnosed with ASD also have an intellectual impairment.
3. True or False? The rate of suicide attempts among persons with ASD increases with age.
4. Which of the following is true of children who are Black with ASD as compared with children who are White?
5. ___ percent of children and teenagers with ASD have been aggressive to a caregiver.
6. Which of the following is a communication difficulty?
7. ___ children with ASD have documented difficulty accessing appropriate primary health care.
8. Research suggests that individuals with ASD who engage in inappropriate sexual behaviors sometimes do so because of:
9. Which of the following is a comorbid condition associated with ASD?
10. Nearly ___% of 8-year-old children with ASD behave in ways that can lead to self-injury.
11. True or False? Women and men with disabilities are at lower risk for sexual violence victimization.
12. Which of the following is a diagnostician?
13. Which of the following is a deficit in nonverbal communicative behaviors used for social interactions?
14. Which of the following is a common sensory trigger?
15. Which of the following is a type of rejection?
16. Which of the following is an example of a deficit in social-emotional reciprocity?
17. True or False? Individuals with ASD are very literal and often do not understand the way language is being used in a social context.
18. Many individuals with autism report significant gastrointestinal issues related to using the bathroom including:
19. The Autism Diagnostic Interview (ADIR) is used for ages:
20. True or False? Autism experts should have competency with standardized testing appropriate to the needs of the client and cultural competency.
21. Which of the following is a challenge with sleep disorders?
22. Nearly ___ percent of men who were victims of contact sexual violence, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner experienced this prior to 25 years of age.
23. Which of the following is a common form of aggression displayed by children on the autism spectrum?
24. True or False? Individuals with ASD are very literal and often do not understand the way language is being used in a social context.
25. _____ fatigue is extreme exhaustion as the result of “being present” for an interview, conversation, etc.