Course Title: Understanding and Treating the Sexual Problems of Men: An Existential Approach
This exam contains 10 questions. In order to receive credit, you MUST get at least 8 questions correct. You may attempt the quiz as many times as you’d like.
1. True or False? People need other people with whom they can empathize and from whom they can learn.
2. Which of the following is true of the treatment process?
3. Which of the following is an important factor in male sexual dysfunction.
4. Relationships are ___ and inevitable, as we can never fully be separated from others.
5. True or False? Relationships and the way we live them are not defining of who we are and what we become.
6. Which of the following is NOT part of Yalom’s Existential Dilemmas?
7. ______ approaches tend to assume universal causes for sexual problems, and focus on addressing these causes.
8. True or False? It is commonly assumed that erectile dysfunction results from the possessor of the penis failing to “perform” on one occasion and then becoming anxious in subsequent sexual encounters.
9. Understanding the dynamics of family of origin is often ___ in humanistic-existential sex therapy.
10. ______ psychotherapy suggests that symptoms are often over-determined, and are expressions of attempts to defend against existential anxieties.