Course Title: Working with Families after Sexual Abuse has occurred
This exam contains 25 questions. In order to receive credit, you MUST get at least 20 questions correct. You may attempt the quiz as many times as you’d like.
1. True or False? When sexual abuse has occurred, family therapy is not an option, it is necessary.
2. Which of the following is a reason why family therapy is important
3. Family therapy may occur in ___ different settings at first.
4. True or False? The family involvement should begin after the assessment process has been completed.
5. True or False? In identifying the goals of family therapy, it is important to determine how the family views the problem.
6. Language is a ____ barrier to family engagement
7. True or False? Deciding where and where the adolescent will live is done on a case by case basis.
8. ____ initiates the more formal work of reunification.
9. There are ____ main barriers to family engagement.
10. Which of the following is a systemic factor?
11. True or False? Adolescents who have committed sexual abuse never go back to their family.
12. Which of the following are responsibilities of the client?
13. Which of the following is a possible setback?
14. One of the most powerful systems is the ____ system.
15. Treatment presented as punitive vs helpful is a ____ barrier to family engagement.
16. True or False? Removing the abuser from the family may misplace guilt on the person harmed for “breaking up the family.”
17. Which of the following is true of working with families after sexual abuse has occurred?
18. Which of the following is NOT a barrier to family engagement?
19. True or False? The victim is the only one who decides when reunification happens.
20. Which of the following are rules for communicating in a safe space?
21. Which of the following is NOT a reunification factor?
22. Family engagement includes which of the following?
23. Which of the following are reasons why reunification may not work or occur?
24. Justified mistrust of systems by BIPOC is which type of barrier to family engagement?
25. Which of the following is NOT precondition of victim clarification?