More Than Just Fun
Utilizing Recreation Therapy as Part of Your Treatment Model
featuring Christin Santiago-Calling, CTRS, Director of Recreational Therapy at the Whitney Academy
Recreation Therapy can be a powerful adjunct to traditional therapeutic models. That’s the message of this engaging, educational and entertaining workshop presented by Christin Santiago-Calling, Director of Recreational Therapy at the Whitney Academy in Massachusetts. The presentation is divided into two parts. In the first part, Santiago-Calling discusses the how and why of RT. That’s followed by a an audience-participation demonstration of several specific RT exercises.
Recorded at the 2014 MASOC/MATSA conference in Massachusetts.
CEUs No Longer Offered For Viewing Conference Workshop Videos
We are sorry that we can no longer offer CEUs for viewing our conference workshop videos. The product comes with packaging saying that CEUs are available, but this is no longer accurate. Most people who purchase the videos do not apply for CEUs, which means that for our partner in this project, ATSA, it is not viable to continue to be the conduit for granting the CEUs. Call us at 802-247-3132 if you have a question about this.
Other titles in our new Conference Workshop Video Series:
- Making a Better Life Happen – Integrating the good Lives Model Into Sexual Offender Treatment
- Developmental Aspects – Working with Adolescents Who Sexually Abuse
- Group Therapy with Adult Sexual Abusers – Essential Elements of Effective Groups
- Female Therapists Working with Male Sex Offenders – Effectively Managing the Clinical Challenges to Optimize the Therapeutic Alliance
- Guiding Sexual Offender Management and Treatment Using Risk-Need-Responsivity Principles – Featuring: Sandy Jung & Liam Ennis