Integrating the Good Lives Model into Sexual Offender Treatment
featuring Gwenda M. Willis, Ph.D., Pamela M. Yates, Ph.D., and David S. Prescott, LICSW
Safer Society Press is pleased to announce the availability of this exciting new DVD video. The first of a projected series of ATSA Conference Workshop Videos, this hour and a half workshop was recorded at the 2013 ATSA Conference in Chicago.
Presenters Willis, Yates, and Prescott explain and demonstrate how to integrate the Good Lives Model (GLM) into treatment with offenders. Following an overview of the GLM, they discuss risk, needs and responsibilities; risk assessment; and case conceptualization based on the model. Next, a role play — based on an actual case — demonstrates how to employ the GLM approach in a therapeutic setting. Finally, the presenters open the floor to the audience of professionals for a lively discussion of the practicality of the GLM in the real world. (2014)
CEUs No Longer Offered For Conference Workshop Videos
We are sorry that we can no longer offer CEUs for viewing our conference workshop videos. The product comes with packaging saying that CEUs are available, but this is no longer accurate. Most people who purchase the videos do not apply for CEUs, which means that for our partner in this project, ATSA, it is not viable to continue to be the conduit for granting the CEUs. Call us at 802-247-3132 if you have a question about this.
Praised from attendees: “Best workshop I’ve attended!” • “Fantastic job explaining the GLM.” • “Made the GLM easy to integrate into practice.” • “Loved the role play.”
Sample clips from the video:
Other titles in our new Conference Workshop Video Series:
- Developmental Aspects – Working with Adolescents Who Sexually Abuse
- More Than Just Fun – Utilizing Recreation Therapy as Part of Your Treatment Model
- Group Therapy with Adult Sexual Abusers – Essential Elements of Effective Groups
- Female Therapists Working with Male Sex Offenders – Effectively Managing the Clinical Challenges to Optimize the Therapeutic Alliance
- Guiding Sexual Offender Management and Treatment Using Risk-Need-Responsivity Principles – Featuring: Sandy Jung & Liam Ennis