As a result of this training, participants will be better able to:
1) Explain the importance of teaching healthy sexuality in a strengths-based manner.
2) Identify how sex and sexuality influences child and adolescent development.
3) Create a program that breaks down the essential components of healthy sexuality into concrete skills.
4) Create safe and inclusive sexual education and treatment.
5) Use activities and media to maximize the effectiveness of treatment lessons.
6) Help clients develop core skills in building relationships, making choices and connections, expressing themselves, and regulating their emotions.