As a result of this training, participants will be better able to:
1) Explain the ways in which personality disorder may be linked to heightened risk of further sexual or violent offending.
2) Describe a range of psychological approaches to the formulation of personality and its functional link to violent offending.
3) Explain the evidence base for psychological therapies for personality disorder.
4) Be confident in their psychologically informed case management skills in working with men with sexual and violent offenses and personality disorder.
5) Describe four “Offender Personality Disorder Pathway” outcomes.
6) Classify two overarching mentalizing modes that can be useful in treatment and case management.