As a result of this training, participants will be better able to:
- Explain contemporary approaches to juvenile sexual risk assessment.
- Describe the strengths and limitations of the risk assessment process.
- Describe the value of structured risk assessment instruments in case management and treatment planning.
- Explain how a risk assessment instrument is used.
- Explain how the assessment process allows informed estimates of risk.
- Apply ATSA’s 2017 adolescent guidelines in the sexual evaluation of children and adolescents.