Essential Elements of Effective Groups
featuring Steve Sawyer, MSSW, LICSW, CGP
Some people jokingly describe group therapy as “one-on-one therapy with an audience.” In this video, Steven Sawyer provides a foundation for harnessing the power of groups to enhance therapy. He talks about the five essential elements of effective group leadership, three group formation strategies that work, and methods of assessing group process. After viewing the workshop recording, you should have a solid understanding of how to make your group work more effective than ever.
This workshop was recorded at the 2014 ATSA Conference in San Diego.
CEUs No Longer Offered For Conference Workshop Videos
We are sorry that we can no longer offer CEUs for viewing our conference workshop videos. The product comes with packaging saying that CEUs are available, but this is no longer accurate. Most people who purchase the videos do not apply for CEUs, which means that for our partner in this project, ATSA, it is not viable to continue to be the conduit for granting the CEUs. Call us at 802-247-3132 if you have a question about this.
View clips from the DVD:
Other titles in our new Conference Workshop Video Series:
- Making a Better Life Happen – Integrating the good Lives Model Into Sexual Offender Treatment
- Developmental Aspects – Working with Adolescents Who Sexually Abuse
- More Than Just Fun – Utilizing Recreation Therapy as Part of Your Treatment Model
- Female Therapists Working with Male Sex Offenders – Effectively Managing the Clinical Challenges to Optimize the Therapeutic Alliance
- Guiding Sexual Offender Management and Treatment Using Risk-Need-Responsivity Principles – Featuring: Sandy Jung & Liam Ennis