GIFR is the leading provider of high-quality online training for forensic and mental health professionals. Each year, GIFR hosts 12 free webinars offered by Safer Society Foundation, National Adolescent Perpetration Network (NAPN), and Sex Offender Civil Commitment Programs Network (SOCCPN).
This webinar features Safer Society Press author Dr. Laura Jakul and Dr. Bobbi Walling. This 1.5-hour training will explore issues related to the experiences of women working with male criminal justice clients, and gender-related challenges encountered by women working in criminal justice professions.
At the end of this training, you will be able to…
- Identify common challenges experienced by women working in criminal justice
- Identify and address boundary violations in the working relationship with a male criminal justice population
- Analyze the impact of pregnancy on professional challenges that can arise for women working with criminal justice populations
- Develop strategies for enhancing workplace and personal safety
- Identify and address common workplace gender dynamics that can arise in criminal justice settings
- Support and supervise women working in criminal justice
Date: April 17, 2019
Time: 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern Time
CEUs: 1.5 hours
Follow the link to learn more and to complete your sign-up form!