Effectively Managing the Clinical Challenges to Optimize the Therapeutic Alliance
featuring Bobbi Walling, Ph.D., Laura Jakul, Ph.D. & Brenda Ellerby, B.A.
The presenters in this video discuss the unique challenges encountered by female therapists working with male clients. They provide strategies for overcoming these hurdles to create a more powerful therapeutic relationship. The video is must viewing for women therapists new to the field, and veterans looking for perspective on their own experiences. Male therapists should view the video to gain insights into the challenges faced by their female colleagues, especially if they have a supervisory roll. This workshop was recorded at the 2014 ATSA Conference in San Diego.
CEUs No Longer Offered For Conference Workshop Videos
We are sorry that we can no longer offer CEUs for viewing our conference workshop videos. The product comes with packaging saying that CEUs are available, but this is no longer accurate. Most people who purchase the videos do not apply for CEUs, which means that for our partner in this project, ATSA, it is not viable to continue to be the conduit for granting the CEUs. Call us at 802-247-3132 if you have a question about this.
View clips from the DVD:
Other titles in our new Conference Workshop Video Series:
- Making a Better Life Happen – Integrating the good Lives Model Into Sexual Offender Treatment
- Developmental Aspects – Working with Adolescents Who Sexually Abuse
- More Than Just Fun – Utilizing Recreation Therapy as Part of Your Treatment Model
- Group Therapy with Adult Sexual Abusers – Essential Elements of Effective Groups
- Guiding Sexual Offender Management and Treatment Using Risk-Need-Responsivity Principles – Featuring: Sandy Jung & Liam Ennis